1. Boil some water in the medium saucepan to cook the courgettes.
2. Cut 3 medium tomatoes into eight wedges each (leave cheery ones whole).
3. Chop up 4 piquant peppers, 3 sun dried tomatoes and 2 spring onions.
4. In the small saucepan heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Throw spring onions and add:
- 10 cherry tomatoes (whole)
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped sun dried tomatoes
- chopped piquant peppers
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree. Mix well, cover and leave it to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Slice 2 courgettes and cook for 3 minutes. Drain.
6. Chop ½ bunch of fresh basil.
7. Return to the bubbling tomatoes. Add 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of sugar. With the potato masher gently crush the tomatoes to release the juices. Throw in basil and cook on a low heat for another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Cut off a 1/3 of butter and melt in the griddle pan. Crush and add garlic. Throw in courgettes and griddle for 2 minutes turning frequently. Put back in the pan and keep warm.
9. Return to the griddle pan and melt the rest of the butter. Patter the scallops with the kitchen towel dry, season and griddle for a couple of minutes, turning frequently to avoid burning.
To serve: arrange the bed of the courgettes in the middle of the plate and spoon the tomatoes salsa on it; rest the scallops on top and serve with a bread roll on a side.