2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the large saucepan and saut the onion for a minute.
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- A large glass of red wine
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of all spice.
- A bay leaf
4. Bring it to boil and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
5. Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in the frying pan and fry the meatballs for about 3-4 minutes until they go slightly brown, turning frequently.
6. Once the meatballs are browned take them out of the frying pan using the slotted spoon (to save the juices you will need later) and transfer to the large saucepan with the tomatoes.
7. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. Then, add the bag of spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted.
8. Meanwhile, de-stem 1 tablespoon worth of fresh thyme.
9. Drain the tin of cannellini beans and throw f½ of the tin into the frying pan which you just used to fry meatballs. Coat the beans in the meat juices you preserved, add the fresh thyme and fry for a minute or so, until the beans are hot.
To serve - Place the beans at the bottom of the serving bowl and arrange the meatballs on top. Accompany with a piece of crusty bread.