recipes > super fast > grilled prawns & butter bean salad
grilled prawns & butter bean salad
This might not present itself as an generous dish, but the combination of prawns, butter beans and avocado is actually very filling. Butter and lemon, paired with fresh dill, create a perfect dressing.
1. Fill the Pyrex dish with cold water and place in the bamboo skewers until you need them.
2. Quarter the lemon and squeeze three of them into the small mixing bowl. (Leave the 4th quarter aside). Mix in 1 teaspoon of ground coriander. Add the jumbo prawns, coat in the lemon juice season and leave them in the bowl for a few minutes.
3. Meanwhile start making the salad:
- cut off the root of 2 little gem lettuces and chop both lettuces horizontally into ribbon/shreds. Place in the large mixing bowl.
- Cut a portion of cucumber into batons and add to the lettuce.
4. Line the grill with kitchen foil and set to high.
5. Pierce the prawns onto the bamboo skewers and stick them under the grill for 6 minutes, turning at half time.
6. Return to making the salad and:
- Peel and chop avocado.
- Chop a ½ bunch of dill and add together with the avocado into the mixing bowl.
7. Cut the 15g knob of butter in half and melt one half in the small saucepan. Drain and add the tin of butter beans, coat in butter and cook for a minute to warm up.
8. Place the beans in the mixing bowl and return to the saucepan to melt the rest of the butter. Squeeze the juice from the last quarter of the lemon directly into melted butter.
9. Toss the salad in the mixing bowl.
To serve - Arrange the salad in the serving bowls and place the prawn skewers on top. Drizzle all with melted butter.